View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by john930 View Post
I attached my sensor at the end of the muffler and it is connected to a XD-16 gauge on the dash. This works well and was straightforward to connect.

John, I at one time considered doing the same with a direct-to-muffler mount, but my only concern was being able to keep the sensor vertical between 10:00 and 2:00...to keep the condensation from settling on and ruining it. So I opted with installing in (on top of) the tail pipe and snugged up against the muffler.

Fears about ambient air back-wash (10" for every 3" of pipe diameter...come on, who in a 930 has 30" of tailpipe available!?) are really only a concern at idle when not enough exhaust velocity exists. But we don't install AFR monitors to see what's happening at idle, so who really cares? With that said, mine reads just fine at idle regardless of being only about 10" from the outlet (maybe the fact that the pipe has about a 30 degree bend helps in this regard).
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)