View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDD View Post
I have the Andial 8/41. I cannot imagine getting a better holeshot than I do. I walked a modded mustang and I didn't drop the clutch, I let it out and then stepped on the gas afterwards from IDLE and still got instant redline in first gear, in 2nd gear I walked away.

The problem with 8/41 is that it is ONLY for the holeshot IMO. The rest of the time first gear is uselessly short. 4th gear is also too short although breath-taking in acceleration.

Custom gearing is better IMO. I need a longer 1st and 4th.

However if hard acceleration is your only goal, the 8/41 is PERFECT and I do not think you could change it for the better. Even a computer simlulation game which lets me customize gears on a 930 shows the 8/41 set-up is the fastest possible combo for acceleration.
Maybe custom gears are the way to go. I think I will consider only lowering 3rd since 1st and 2nd are pretty good the way they are.
When on DE days I spend most of the time in 2nd and 3rd and try to take some turns in 3rd and it lugs too much but 2nd would be too low.

As an FYI, I talked to someone at Motor Meister the other day about a R&P set and they quoted my $2800. They told me that they don't sell many anymore but sell 3.6 kits for about the same price instead.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)