Thread: garage lift
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey83835 View Post
I looked at the specs for the unit, and it says it only goes up 39 inches, that is not even high enough to work sitting in a chair is it?

Comments anyone?
Mikey83835,
I am really glad you asked this question. In my reading here and in several other threads, comparisons were made to the affect that the HF mid-rise and the BendPak MD-6XP were very similar. But as hinted in your question, very similar does not necessarily mean functionally equilavent. The MD-6XP has a lift height of 48 to 53 inches ( I assume the 53 inch is with the truck adapters).

As you correctly pointed out (and I somehow missed, although I don't know how, since it is clearly stated on the HF webpage that I linked earlier in this thread) the HF mid-rise has a lift height of 39 inches. That difference may not mean much for some, but I poured a 6" deep pit in my garage floor like another Pelican here, Thom Fitzpatrick. And at 33 inches actual working height, the HF becomes decidedly less attractive for me. That being the case, I cancelled my HF order today. So Mikey 83835, thanks for asking that question, you saved me a bit of grief.

Gary S.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)