View Single Post

Garage
Role of ITB's in making BIG power

Gabriel, Pete and myself have been disucussing the the role of ITB's in achieving power, throttle response, etc. for some time now. I have always considered what the factory, and teams like Kremer did, as the gold standards for making power. All used ITB's

Recently, Pat Williams racing has been dominating the the PCA GT1 and R classes with these two cars:

2.6 liter tt making nearly 500hp, and set a lap record at Sebring last month

vid of this car at Sebring couple months ago:YouTube - Pat Williams Racing - Porsche New Lap Record - Part 1 This car just smoked the field.

3.4 liter making over 700whp that last month won the PCA overall at Daytona last month:

At daytona... that ***er's fast! YouTube - Pat Williams Racing - Porsche Daytona Win!

Both of these cars are using motors based on the TT layout of the PWR 2.1 that dominated in PCA several years ago

All of these PWR motors are using ITB's, intake manifolds and a rear TT setup nearly identical to the factory's 935 TT set-ups

So, I guess my question this: Should any build looking to optimize power and throttle response and minimize lag at least consider ITB's? Based on what the factory did, and what PWR is achieving in PCA right now, this would seem to be the case.

(And no, i don't work for, or have any affiliation with PWR... i just think that the fact that these cars are dominating, and winning ahead of their classes, just like the 935's did, is REALLY cool!)
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com

Last edited by juicersr; 11-17-2009 at 11:44 AM..
Old 11-17-2009, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)