View Single Post
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj930 View Post
Mate, I know you moan about me 'short-shifting' but the car had a rotor which was too small for the Distributor cap (and sparking and shorting out at high RPM), SC Cams (which have nothing left by 6k), fuel pumps which weren't delivering enough fuel, an engine that hit 12.0+AFR by 6k, and a Distributor wasn't Advancing/Retarding by the full amount... Also to find where 0.16Bar Boost Pressure is leaking.

And that drag may have been run slightly up hill (I don't remember) - think I was more concerned with 0-60, 0-100 and standing 1/4. But, with reference to the original postee's 60ft time, that was done in ~2.2 seconds (and not 2.5 minutes! )
Sounds like you have quite a bit to sort out mate, fuel pumps need to be in good nick if you're pushing the power up.
I had issues with my distributor, there's an arm in there that had rusted through and wasn't letting it advance/retard. I had it totally rebuilt with new cap and rotor, if i remember it wasn't a cheap job!
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 11-17-2009, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)