View Single Post

I chased this car for quite some time a few weeks ago and OH MAN what a mess of a deal it turned out to be!!! I’ll sum it up as best and as quickly as I can:

The owner didn’t have the title because he owes ~$3k to the bank on it. The car was being “Stored” at LAPD because he owed ~$21k to the owner of LAPD and the car was collateral. The plates were expired by more than 90 days, so no one was willing to drive it to a shop for a PPI….and the owner of LAPD wasn’t too keen on letting his collateral out of his sight anyway.

I talked, extensively, to the owner of the car and the owner of LAPD. It finally came out, from the owner of LAPD, that the driver’s side fender, door and the hood had been painted and it looks “good”, but not great. I am/was looking for a “driver” too, but this one was just too messy for me. The owner of LAPD told me, “I hope you don’t buy it because that would mean that I get to keep the car for what I loaned him”, so maybe that is what happened at this point. I’d still ask If he has the title in hand though.

I have the Carfax on this car if you want to see it.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)