Thread: CIS Horsepower
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj930 View Post
I've seen Eddy Bello's cars pulling wheelies and putting down 1289RWHP; I've seen some guy on YouTube with an '89 slope-nose 3.4 putting down 733RWHP; but these engines were EFI-ed to the maximum - what's the most anybody has (safely) got out of CIS?

Did somebody mention Brent930, back in the day, getting 450RWHP? (Think my old tub is about 315RWHP.)
Impossible to answer. CIS simply dumps fuel under full throttle. You can technically make it dump as much fuel as you need if you open up the system to flow enough gas. But it just becomes less and less accurate the more power you are making, you would just end up dumping literally gallons of fuel to feed a big powerful engine.

It is just so imprecise and sloppy above 4-500 hp that it becomes a really stupid way to proceed. Your car would be pig rich to the point of oxygen starvation on boost onset and then when it cleared out you would be straight into massive horsepower. It would increase turbo lag.

The driveability would suck.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)