View Single Post
Wer bremst verliert

Hi Guys,
Well, I'm interested in your opinions about what the manufacturer is claiming...

The Swedes took the unit apart and couldnt find any foreign objects. They agreed that the lubrication oil was in new condition and proper level. They had no issue with the mounting system.

However they admit no fault and refuse any warranty. They claim "pressure waves and intertia" are at work from sudden decelleration and an improper bypass installation.

I have datalogs which show I wasnt backing off when it died, and that the bypass valve was installed and venting to atmosphere (they claim it should have been venting behind the throttle plate however provided no documentation requiring such.)

I have voiced my disagreement that there could be no "pressure wave" since 1. the bypass was venting, 2. such a massive "pressure wave" capable of deflecting the rotors would have first exploded the intercooler or manifolds and 3. my datalogs show I wasnt backing off the throttle so what pressure wave are we talking about?

I'd be interested in other opinions or experiences.

Thanks
1978 911 3.0 Lichtbau toy "Gretchen"
1971 911 Targa S backroad toy
Old 11-19-2009, 03:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)