Thread: CIS Horsepower
View Single Post
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Back in the day, Brent and I challenged each other to build the biggest HP on CIS. We both hit a wall when it came to controlling spark with the stock system - it can't be optimized. You need an aftermarket spark system. We did everything from head work, extrude honing in the intake, timing the cams, headers, half a dozen different turbos, tweaking the WUR on three axis and so on. We were getting between 425 and 450 RWHP. Those are big numbers for CIS.

But this leads me back a big problem with CIS - you can't control spark. For the most part, I really don't care about total HP. I care about torque. Using an ECU, I can control spark (timing) and can tune in lots of torque much earlier than any CIS car. From a dead stop or pulling hard out of turn 7 at Road Atlanta, I want torque. My car puts out 525 rwhp, but it also lays down nearly 500 ft lbs of torque early in the power band. Thats the kick in seat of the car you feel in my car...
Old 11-19-2009, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)