View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I had dyno time scheduled 2 months ago.
Made a big mistake and removed my engine a week before the dyno run to fix oil leaks and swap tranaxles. Did a lot of "while you are in there's" during the drop. When I put the engine back in the newly rebuilt tranny made a noise so I had to drop the engine again. I wanted to do the dyno work so I put the old tranny back on and put the engine back in the car. Started the car and it ran horribly. Chased that ghost for a week until the mechanic who rebuilt the tranny re-rebuilt it and then I dropped the engine for a 3rd time. Found and replaced a bad injector. Put the engine back in the car and it still runs badly. Tranny sounds good though on the lift. Found 2 leaking fuel lines.
Looks like I disturbed so many old components that they have revolted. Purchased several used CIS parts on line and got scammed by a scumbag in Florida. Now in the middle of a fraud investigation. Bought more CIS parts from a fellow in CA who told me yesterday that the bank is holding my corporate check for 14 days (which is illegal). Called him last night and e-mailed him a copy of the cleared check (gotta love on-line banking). He offered to ship the parts today.
You can only imagine my frustration at this point. I wish to God I'd never taken that engine out of the car until after the dyno run. But who could imagine such a comedy of errors?
So to answer your question, God only knows and he's having a good chuckle right now.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)