View Single Post
R.I.P.

hahaha, A930 hit it on the head

well, i was looking within a radius of 1500 miles from me. Pretty much found nothing close except this one white 87 930 a few hours north of me. He was asking $29K but I just wasn't interested in spending that kind of money at that time. Well, a few more months went by with no luck finding a decently priced 993 so i started getting the turbo itch again. Tried to find the 87 but it was off the market then one night I get an email from autotrader (i had them alert me when a 911 was listed) about an '86 930. I called the guy the very next morning, along with 3 other people, and made an appointment to see it. It was at $22.8K, not a perfect car but then i wanted a driver not a show car and the guy said the paint was pretty bad and we negotiated down to $20K. I gave him deposit money pending a PPI and he decided to have the car detailed before me picking it up. The paint ended up coming around quite nicely to our surprise.

The car did need some things addressed: like ripping out all the CIS, CDI and emisions crap, adding EFI and crank trigger ignition, putting in a better clutch and building a new intercooler.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)