View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL930 View Post
Where's the pic of the one that somebody made from a stock airbox, they chopped it right back, welded a plate across the cut opening and fitted one of the K&N filters, looked like a simple mod if you have access to a welder, you get to keep the conical thingy that is in the top of the stock airbox too, i guess it helps with directing air to the middle of the plate or something. Looked like a good mod to me! I had a fabspeed/imagine auto airbox on mine, created loads more space in the engine bay, made getting to the WUR easier! Butchering your stock one would do the same, and probably be more robust!
That's what I did to mine (I might have a picture at home). Using a big cone filter. The whole assembly looks like the Powerflo plastic units that run about 4 times the cost I have into this one. All the air intake is pulled from the top-right side of the engine, right next to the hood hinge.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)