Thread: 3% CO on LM-1
View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to Chuck Jones
When I had RarlyL8 re-do my exhaust system with one of his custom builds, after reading as much as I could on the subject, I installed the Leaske WUR along with his solenoid kit....some say you really don't need the solenoid. Regardless of your view on the matter I've been able to get an AFR of 14.5/7 at idle (after proper warmup of course), and a cruise AFR of between 14.2 and 14.7 since it does tend to fluctuate a bit. I was unable to attain these AFRs prior to the installation of the Leaske WUR....not that the WUR is the key to the variety of problems I see some folks encounter here...but it was for me.

I also run an LM-1 in the cockpit just to keep an eye on things, but it's not a permanent mount. I am informed by my indy that I really need to adjust the settings twice a year...once as summer comes on and again as the fall and colder weather approach. Here in California, we don't get the wide disparity of temperatures that you folks do in the northern states, so I am fortunate that I can drive the car year round.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)