View Single Post
Wer bremst verliert

Thanks guys. So far the local (Melbourne) retailer has been the intermediary on the transaction, I've never spoken directly to the manufacturer. I'm putting together a portfolio of documentation that I want to present to them directly.

I have the datalogs which show I wasnt backing off the throttle.
I have pics of the entire installation.
I have datalogs from the dyno corroborating the under-boost condition.

I checked out and joined that MX-5 supercharged site, very interesting. There is a post there that mentions another case of an Autorotor dying, I'm trying to get in touch with other Autorotor owners. If anyone has references to other incidences of similar failure that would be helpful. The retailer initially said this type of failure had never happened before, but later changed their story when the "pressure wave" theory came out.

Mark or anyone else, if you have any references to other supercharged installations as you mention that vent to atmosphere that would also be very helpful.

The one thing in my favor is that the retailer did ship me a replacement unit, and now wants me to pay for it...and as they say posession is 9/10ths of the law!
1978 911 3.0 Lichtbau toy "Gretchen"
1971 911 Targa S backroad toy
Old 11-21-2009, 01:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)