Thread: CIS Horsepower
View Single Post

My two cents worth.

I suspect that getting enough fuel for 400rwhp/470fwhp takes a lot of effort.

3.3 CIS turbo motors were built to supply at its best (special wishes 3.3 S) about 280rwhp/330fwhp.

It requires over 55% more fuel delivery than stock to get to 470fwhp.

By fattening CO I suspect we can stretch the stock fuel system up to about 340rwhp/400fwhp at is best.

After that significantly reducing control pressure can support about another 10%or so more HP.

Then, modifying the fuel heads delivery capacity can add about another 10% or so and still be a pretty tunable car. More that that and things start to get on the wild side.

Thus, I suspect that 400rwhp/470fwhp would probably require both modified control pressure settings & modified head. Past that is getting out there though it can very well be done.

Of course, it all depends on the efficiency of the motor and the dyno used as most seem to read higher than the German sized horses that the factory used.

Example. My stock 85 3.2 w cat bypass and chip pulled 215rwhp/253fwhp for a car that is rated about 205-231 (euro) fwhp by Porsche.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)