View Single Post
one of the great unwashed

Stock wastegate replacement ???

I am retrofitting my SC turbo convert with a 930 exhaust. I have two iterations of this. One is a set of OBX headers, which I have already done trial fitment of, and fabricated custom turbo support brackets, welded in the flange for my 38MM Tial wastegate, and plumbed all of the turbo piping for.

I also have a stock exhaust system from an '87 930, which fits reasonably close to the OBX stuff. One noticeable difference is that the turbo will sit about 1/2" lower on the stock 930 exhaust. The other is the wastegate location. I cannot really cut off the flange and put another 38mm flange on it, because I can't get the wastegate outlet on. I like parts interchangability.

What is the Tial (or other) replacement for a stock 930? I am leaning towards the headers, as they are much lighter. But, I also like the option of heat, as I did use the car occasionally in the colder weather. At least my 986 has heat and snow tires.

TIA
Pat
Old 11-22-2009, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)