Thread: CIS Horsepower
View Single Post
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
"Fueling wasn't the problem - I couldn't get enough air into the cylinders. I even modified the air metering plate stop pin to let more air in, but no good."

Did you replace the steel down pipe that is squished where it goes around motor mount with something with a bigger diameter?
Also did you open up the intake ports, injector blocks, and intake maifold ports to something bgger than the choked down 32mm?
None of the plumbing from the metering plate to the turbo was modified. I had a Kokeln IC and turbo, C2 blow off valve, bored out throttle body, extrude honed manifold (opened about 3 or 4 mm per runner), port matched injector blocks, port matched intake ports, port smoothing and 3 angle valve job by Memphis Motorwerks. Exhaust ports left stock. Fuel head was opened up to 114cc/min and matched, injectors cleaned and matched, and Elgin Super 964 cams. I also used a stock air box with a K&N filter - I compared the power intake vs. the stock unit and the stock system produced more power on the dyno.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)