View Single Post
Blackbird Pilot

I'll see what's availible in Feb, but most likely i'll be able to get some kind of number up to 150, the goal would be to do a mile event but we'll see.

On the power figures, i'm not worried about it, we were seeing 576 ft lbs of tq at the rear wheels with a fcuked up fuel map and lean spots on 1.2 bar at 4,400 rpm. I can light up my rear tires (345 Comp slicks) in 3rd gear on full boost when warm...so power isn't going to be an issue.

With the MOTEC tuning we're going to do gear dependant boost so we'll net the fastest times as traction will not be an issue any longer. I really, really want to rival the factory's numbers of the 935/76 with a 0-150 of 11 seconds. I figure with a extra .6 liters of discplacement and the advantage of EFI and a modern setup we can do it.

Regardless of the numbers and output we get i'll post it along with video and pix - we can't truly appreciate the early factory efforts and what they did until we take an "ultimate" modern motor and see how it stacks up against the "out of date" stuff done way back when. I for one think the factory was way ahead in terms of what they were able to accomplish...
Old 11-22-2009, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)