View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by totle View Post
Found picture of 935 turbos with same part#

This shot came from the website I found stating these are 935 turbos.

1 STUCK - Items of special interest

My turbo was in the orientation shown in the picture, turbo on the right.
The compressor impeller also has fine impact abrasion also typical of turbos run on racing installations.

Disassembling the end housings it's very obvious (from the as received orientation) this turbo was never actually run on the motor I received so I'm back to investigating it's suitability.

Compressor inlet is 52.5MM and turbine exducer is 64MM placing each in the ballpark however I'm not sure of the turbine area. The casting is marked 1.6. Placing this turbo in the 80s timeframe the housing may have been stated in area or A/R. If in area it would be OK. If in A/R this is a very large housing.

Research shows it supported 600-750HP (in pairs) on the 935 and used as a single 300-350HP is the top range for this 930 engine. Its standard K-27 outline so I'll just start with this one and see how it responds.

If unsuitable I'll find something else. Who knows, maybe it was the trick hot-rod set-up for 3.0Ls back in the mid 80s.....or not.

Last edited by copbait73; 11-24-2009 at 09:24 AM..
Old 11-24-2009, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)