Thread: WUR problems???
View Single Post
HoyaBear

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to hoyabear
WUR problems???

Hi all,

So the car is finally running and now I'm experiencing some issues I haven't seen with it before (perhaps because it is cold out?). When I start the car from cold, I let it warm up and drive off with no problems at all. If I then turn the car off after driving it, let it cool down a bit and then try to start it back up it will sometimes start and then cut out abruptly. It will then be really tough to start after that until it magically decides to start up again, and then it is usually fine after that. I am mystified as there seems to be no correlation between measured engine temp, time let cool down, etc, and the car behaving this way.

As a side note, the car also runs really really rich for like a minute after it is started to like 6 minutes after it is started, then it tapers back a bit (as it warms up). All in all, I think the car runs a bit too much on the rich side (something I am going to address as soon as I can get to it).

Any thoughts on what is causing the car to cut out? Is this soemthing that will go away once there is a better tune on the fuel delivery system? Should I be looking for leaking hoses somewhere? I would say that of all the things on this car, I understand the CIS system the least. Thanks - Jon
'86 930: 3.4 Andial build, Web GT2 Evo cams, Carrillo rods, ported/polished heads, MSD 6530, B&B headers/exh + intercooler, K27HF, 1 bar spring, Tial wastegate, Andial FE, Lindsey Fuchs. Back in black!!!
Past:997S cab; '88 930; '86 951; C5 Vette; 4th Gen Z28; 3rd Gen Trans Am GTA; '71 Z28
Old 11-25-2009, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)