Thread: WUR problems???
View Single Post
Infidel

The pig rich time after you start the car when you know it's already warm was my biggest bug with the CIS system! I used to hate the fact that you would stop for fuel, fill the tank, get back in the car and it would be so rich it wouldn't even come on boost!! AAArrrrggggghhhh!!!!
It's the bimetalic spring in the WUR cooling down too quickly and lowering control pressure, i think maybe when they are old they cool down way quicker than when they were new, so the fuel system thinks the engine is stone cold even though the engine was only shut off minutes before.
I'm not sure if this is the same with all other CIS 930's, but it really used to boil my piss with mine!!! Speak to Brian Leask about getting yours rebuilt and made adjustable.

I'm with mark on the cut off, could be a dodgy relay or overboost switch. If not then it could point to your accumulator, or leaky injector. Find a garage with CIS pressure test gauges and they'll tell you
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 11-25-2009, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)