View Single Post
Happiest when Tinkering

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch702 View Post
Thank you for your reply I appreciate the info. The car actually came from the dealership as so. You are also correct it IS an 87 model. Also is there a way to tell the difference between a "conversion kit" vs. the real thing?
First give away is your brake vents slats are made of wood they are factory, also your vent opening looks like it doesn't run parallel to the flare curve which I think is a aftermarket giveaway, and the aftermarket rockers dead giveaway is the opening for the jack point and the jack point itself only the best boxed rocker replicas even had holes and the jack point has some extra braceing that the factory put in. Hope this helps and I hope that it is factory the slats are IMHO the biggest giveaway as those little pieces are the most expensive pieces of wood you will ever buy.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 11-26-2009, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)