View Single Post
JFairman JFairman is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 7,274
Thats the return line so there isn't alot of fuel pressure there but take the whole thing off and take it to a hydraulic hose shop and have them replace the rubber line, or buy a new one.

I probably shouldn't say this because the rubber hose may be dryrotted and ready to spring a new link if bent or wrestled with and then possibly fuel a fire, but if you have to drive the car you could cut a slit in the metal crimp carefully without going too deep with a cut off wheel on a die grinder or dremel tool. Then pry the rest off with needlenose pliers.
Then cut the mangled end of the rubber hose off so you have a fresh end of the hose, slide it on the barbed steel line and put a hose clamp on it.
Thats not a permanent fix but it should last till you fix it right.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)