View Single Post
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLP View Post
I am running a Davtron as well with my 965 intercooler. The temps will vary with ambient air temp, boost, turbo, intercooler, and length of time on boost. Any turbo and intercooler combo can see over 100 degrees depending on the factors I listed. Typically I see close to ambient temps if only doing short pulls but on a low speed road course the temps will rise with heat soak and I have seen high temps well over a 100 degrees. Happy thanksgiving!
when i recorded my temps it was in the hi 80*'s outside and i had been doing a lot of driving and idling. On the first 3 gear pull the temps were in the mid 120*'s it wasn't untill the second 3 gear pull that the temps got to 134*. I would suspect on a road coarse the temps would get above 150*. Keep in mind my temp sensor is in the intake manifold, not the pipe or intercooler so some engine heat is transfered. The best comparison would be "whats the inlet temp while cruising vs. WOT?"

mine was 95* cruise - 134* WOT (15psi) anyone else care to share?
Old 11-29-2009, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)