View Single Post
Happiest when Tinkering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschephd View Post
The 2.7 unless rebuilt is not a stable platform. Personally I would start with a 3.0. The cases on the 2.7 require a lot of work to become reliable
You can always take the safe route aw heck whats the fun in that! I did my conversion on a 2.7 mostly to learn how to tune the EFI and learn how to tune a turbo motor. In all honesty I will be putting together a 3.2 short stroke motor in the very near future and I will be very intrested to tear this motor down to see what adding the turbo did to it. My case had all the mods done to it so I am confident the case will hold together and I had a recent upper end done on this motor so the only real concern I have is preventing any detonation so I dont hole a piston. That is why I said that about the dizzy and using EFI over CIS as you will have the ability to tune the air/fuel ratios and if you go with a tuneable ignition (I went with EDIS controlled by my EFI computer) you stand a chance at a fun little motor I have had a blast driving mine it has good response off boost and when then the boost kicks in well it is a kick in the pants I would like to work it out so the boost comes in a little smoother but that will be the other motor. The jist of this ramble is you can do it it will be fun but I feel like I am rideing on a ticking time bomb although I would like to see my motor go the distance till I can get the other one built but it is a crap shoot. Good luck.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 11-29-2009, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)