View Single Post

Smoking issue w/'79 930

I've been trying to stop but can't seem to. But on to serious topics. I have a '79 930 that just recently underwent a full refresh with normal upg and was completely stock and unmolested before I did it. The usual things plus a Hyflow S turbo, Kokeln IC, and GHL headers/muffler. I have less than 2k miles on it since and have run into a major issue I have noticed a few other folks post so I thought I would post something and see what some of the experts think.

The car pulls and runs like it never has and is exactly where I want but after warming up and upon deceleration it will start to smoke. If you give it some gas in neutral or step on it then it is fine for a few more minutes. Now I have seen some people say that the seal in the turbo is bad or that oil is not evacuating properly. If someone has gone through this with a resolution I would like to hear as it drives me crazy that coin that has been spent on new parts to have this car that looks cool but is embarassing to drive once it starts to smoke...not to mention the damage the collected oil may be doing. Obviously going through more oil than not due to this problem. Thank you for your help.
'74 Triumph TR6
Old 11-30-2009, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)