View Single Post

First of all I appreciate the responses. Everything was new nothing used. When I mean "normal upg" I mean raceware studs, tensioner upg, seals, basically the check list for what to upgrade when refreshing an untouched stock 930 engine, etc. I wasn't going crazy just wanted a more efficient 930 with some best practice upgrades. Outside of that the previous turbo was toast so no chance of taking the approach mentioned.

In terms of when it actually started I was working out some fuel pump problems so it masked some of the smoking issues so I would say it was something that starting after about 1500 or so miles.

Funny on a couple comments on that turbo since it was one of the recommended ones from this and other forums. From what I have seen from other folks having the same problem as I have it seems to point to the turbo seals or something around that. Next step to get it off and see.

One more thing from a post above regarding the IC and the wet oil around it. Could you explain that further as I looked around there last weekend and did notice some oil now that you mention it that was not there before. The problem was there prior to me seeing the oil for the first time when I looked recently but I will mention the oil that I saw was after a 10 mile run as the problem only starts after the car is at operating temp.

Much appreciated.
'74 Triumph TR6

Last edited by dwa1971; 11-30-2009 at 01:14 PM..
Old 11-30-2009, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)