View Single Post

Garage
o2 delete question

I just got my 930 recently which was sent up from Arizona. After inspecting it I found the o2 sensor was disconnected. I reconnected it and drove it and it seemed to act funny. I contacted the dealer I purchased it from and asked if there was any reason it may have been disconnected..They had no clue it was
disconnected, so.. is it possible that the o2 was disconnected because of a possible ecu reflash which deletes the o2 feedback and allows for only open loop operation? I did drive it before I purchased it and it ran like a champ then but I'm not sure, only because it was a short test drive.

symtoms are: low rpm acceleration it hesistates and sounds like its loading up and misfiring.
2: hard acceleration in most gears , once it hits approx .8 to 1 bar the car falls on its face and starts to buck..
it does sound like the o2 is the culprit but I'm a little curious about the open loop operation if indeed this is the proper operation. kinda sounds like chryslers super60 package for the 2.2l turbo car which pushed them to 300hp.
any info would be greatly appreciated..unfortunately I have very little history of the car and its modifications.

thanks
Chris
Old 11-30-2009, 04:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)