View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to Lukesportsman
I think you'll likely be happier with Aarons ideas also. I'd really be concerned with the rpm spread and peak rpms without consideration for your tranny ratios. If your peak power goes up in rpm there is always some give at the bottom of your power curve also. You will likely find areas of the track where your waiting on boost later than before. I like the bump in compression idea, but the larger cam may negate this. Just keep in mind that the stock gear spread is for a rather mild broad torque curve. Yours is not mild and likely a narrower band of power than OEM. The farther from this, the more disharmony that will exist.

Just another thought:
Extreme heads
Custom Cam
L&N cylinders and JE
What is your exhaust situation?

I'm thinking about increasing efficiency both VE and heat dissapation. This would result in better compression both static and dynamic. Better surface area and thermal stability. More torque both off boost and throttle tip in. Power under curve is going to be easier to drive on RC....peak is for top end pulls. At 2200lbs, your still 300lbs over the tube chassis cars and are you willing to spend another 5+grand on tranny and give up all streatbility?

Saying this, I've raced for years but your ahead of me on actually putting down power with my turbo build up. Just my .02 for thought and devil's advocate. Not a disagreement to your plan, but an alternative thought pattern. 2.1 turbos ran well on a track!
Old 11-30-2009, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)