View Single Post
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Porsche Crest Light not coming out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken911 View Post
most of the steel conversions have mazda motors connected to the linkage. You have to remove the front tire to get acess to the motor. There might or might not be a fender liner to remove once you get the tire off. the motor should be the same as for a Mazda RX -7 late 80's. Also the wiring diagram from those will tell you what coclor goes to what. I Have one i found someplace on the internet for mine some where at home. might take a few days to find though.
Michael

Nice looking ride...

Got the same problem on the driver side. Light work on both low/hight beams, but stay down. I could almost hear some "burbing noise" but nothing else.

Now that she is in hibernation, I had a better look on the week-end while fixing a flat tire.

There was 3 bolts and nuts sticking out in the wheel well. I unscrewed the nuts and unplugged two connectors and the whole unit slip out.

As per Ken quote (thanks for the lead), mine look like Japanese as "Nippon" is printed on the lifting actuator.

On my next visit, I'll pug the unit on the passenger side to figure out if it's the light unit or the electrical feeding it (the Babe is an electrical mess).

I did print a thread/article about the wiring and how they work but it's lost somewhere in my basement. I'll look for it tonight.

Have Fun

J.J.

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 12-02-2009, 04:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)