View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to sprbxr
I don't now about the rears. Really the rears on my car lasted twice as long as the fronts so for every 2 front replacments, I had to replace the rears once. If this is a mostly street driven car, I wouldn't bother changing to big reds. It looks like our sponsor has them for less than the $300 a piece. One reason the price on these is so high is there is no aftermarket alternative. At least that used to be the situation. The last time I bought the rotors from an aftermarket parts source, the rotors I received were OEM Porsche rotors in Porsche packaging with Porsche part numbers. These were parts supplied by WorldPac.

Another way to improve the braking on those cars is to get more rear brake bias. The rears don;t really do enough braking on the C2T. The guys that race these remove the bias valve near the booster pump. I did it on mine and it improved braking tremendously and I got extended rotor life on the front. You will not get any lock-up of the rear brakes b/c you have ABS.

Last edited by sprbxr; 12-02-2009 at 03:59 AM..
Old 12-02-2009, 03:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)