View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaidigonzo View Post
http://raycoeuro.com//images/vehimages/00789519692240.jpg

no intercooler,3.0 engine, turbo

negotiated with dealer for less than advertised price delivered to me but worried about 3.0 liter engine not able to handle upgrades to increase HP?
Any advice? Should I keep
looking for a 3.3liter? Id like "reliable" 400 to 450 hp upgrades

raycoeuro.com
click on inventory and then porsches
Any help appreciated. Thanks
I have a 3.0 litre which is great fun but the 3.3 offers superior brakes and more hp/compression out of the box.

The 3.0 litre pictured here has non-stock bodywork and looks exactly like a 3.3 anyway, so you can't be buying the car for the 'look' of the 3.0 litre.

The 3.0 litre is special because it has the short stroke crankshaft for high rpm and rapid spin, and the car tends to weigh significantly less. Also the weight balance is superior because the clutch is shorter. This keeps the engine forward.

But unless you have a particular hunger for what makes a 3.0 litre special, you may prefer the 3.3 as a logical launching point for a little more horsepower and superior brakes. You can lighten the car so the weight difference is a moot point.

I will say that this brown car which looks great already has fiberglass bumpers which significantly lightens the car. That car is easily 200 lighter than a stock 3.3 the way it sits now.

It is likely that you have no 5 mph bumper shocks anymore. You can check that by looking. Some people don't like to run without the shocks for extra safety, I run without them for saved weight.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)