View Single Post

Upgrade to rarlyL8, Thread no 1

Hey people

I purchased a RarlyL8 muffler from Brian Bodart. Brian is a very very nice guy, He really helped my choose the right muffler to my beloved 930. He always answered my questions, eventhoug they were sometimes stupid. The muffler will go by container along a Porsche I bought from a friend in CA, so I will not be able to install it before 6-7 weeks. More pictures will come.

Back to business. When I change my stock muffler to a RarlyL8, I will remove my air injection system as well. Brian also sends my 6 air injection nuts. I now have the time to remove the air pump, and the hoses and lines. I will need your guides to help me do that properly. I now write the work, that I will perform. Remove the existing exhaust system, heat exchangers, Y-junktion, ( I will make a new Y-junktion tube I stainless steel with better flow in 2) and remove the muffler. Remove the air injection system, and plug the holes wit these nuts. (do I have to put some Locktite on the nuts before installation? Remove the air pump, can I remove the pump from the top of the engine?

Please look at these pictures. Do you have any comment to them, or to the text?

Thanks

Best regards
Jesper

aka The Beauty and the Beast
Old 12-02-2009, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)