View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to Lukesportsman
I agree certainly on the ports and cams, but differ on the ITB's in regard to street use. May not be fully utilized without the cam, but don't think the ITB's would hurt you on street. Should give give you quicker throttle response and with boost (unlike a NA engine) partially eliminate the differential of a long runner intake.

Though saying that,I know that for a 'V' configuration engine it has been shown over and over on the chassis dyno to still make a difference in torque curve beyond theory. But you can only use so much low end torque on street. Now this is only a thought if your building it in stages since you already have a working setup....why rock the boat I guess.

Do you have any thoughts on CMW heads? In theory, they sound like the cat's meow for the $$, but I hate their fast tooling. Extreme seems the most sure fire and 9M sounded promising before the exchange rate with the dollar going to crap. (This hurts when your in the middle of restoring a XKE)

Have you priced boring and replating cylinders? When I last talked to US Chrome? , their prices made LN look more attractive when you include the selling of your old setup as P&C's.

I'm only running a 993 oil pump, but everyone points to the GT3 and if buying new does make sense.

Al and Ti parts all have a life cycle. I know that they are seemingly getting longer and more durable all the time, but CrMo doesn't. Sure it is heavier, but as an amateur racer.. i hate life cycles. I'd love Ti valves but they also 'need' to be clocked and replaced. The chrome moly rods and SS valves if kept within the ultimate fatigue limits will cycle indefinitely (within reason). I am NOT and engineer, but take these with blind faith. The nice thing about Al rods is that up till your engine explodes, she keeps getting faster

Gruppe B's are horrible for street and just OLD school cams like muscle car cams for a V8. But are you looking for more duration and or more lift than the Evo? I'd still love to see someone market a modern cam with good lift and proper overlap for boost with EFI.

Ceramic Bearings? Are you running water in the turbo? What kind of pressure drop are you running across I/C and across TB?
Old 12-02-2009, 03:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)