Thread: Dude
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDD View Post
He recently busted his tranny (with the LSD and guards chromoly shafts) under power, and replaced it. He chose not to go with the G-50 but instead stuck another 915 in, but without the LSD. I would like to find out if he bought an unknown tranny off Pelican for $700 and stuck it back in the car so he can sell it. (If this is not the case than I apologize for being curious) but I saw this thread: FS: 915 /62 Euro Transaxle - $750 + shipping

Maybe he ended up spending the money to completely re-build a tranny but I would need to see documentation such as parts bill and labor bill from this last month or so.

The build on the engine was about 8-10 years ago, and Chris at turbokraft has not seen the car in person, but sent him the engine parts in the mail, is my understanding, and this is back when turbokraft was still powerhaus. The owner has been running it up to 1.5 bar on CIS with race fuel and he was getting a lean reading (maybe during tuning?) so Chris sent him extra fuel systems for the CIS in the mail.

The chassis is straight 911 carrera. I would be curious to see the actual dyno charts for this vehicle. 600+ hp and 1.5 bars of boost on electromotive and CIS?

The car is beautiful, but too many question marks for me right now.

Feel free to correct any and/or all of this information, after all I am simply giving my impression.
Probably has over 400 to bust up a 915 ( soon to happen again if replaced with same) if any where near 600HP. Other than the G50 option a 76-77 930 will fit and a 78 thru 88 can be shortened @ Patrick Motorsports for about $1400 plus around $2K for the transaxle and more $$$$ for whatever it will need inside . Irregardless a neat car with lots of good stuff.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)