View Single Post

Garage
I really really like that color combo!

My first 930 was a 77 with the 3.0L slighted modded. The car came with a Ruf intercooler, SC cams, larger KKK turbo, Euro fuel head and 1 bar boost spring. Wheels, brakes and suspension were stock, big DP tail (I love those!). It was fast just like that, but then I added B&B headers and muffler and the car really felt strong.

I bought the car 11 years ago at a cost of $24k. It had 25k documented miles so very low use, but the car had some leaks that had to be addressed which was reflected in the final price.

With your particular car I would do aftermarket IC first - thats just free HP and adds reliability. Go with the biggest one you can fit if you want to make 450hp.

The second thing you must address are the brakes. The 3.3 brakes are a lot better and I felt like I was practically risking my life with those pre-78 brakes and 350+ hp. Upgrade to the big red calipers and rotors - they have kits for the pre-78 cars.

Beyond that tons of great mods for the 3.0L cars - for 450hp (flywheel) I would go with bigger P&Cs to bring displacement to 3.2L, 964 cams, ported heads with better fuel head, bigger KKK turbo and B&B headers and muffler - probably stay with 1 5/8 header due to the smaller displacement.

If you get 450hp in a 76 Turbo you will have a very fast and fun ride

Last edited by GT2EvoGuy; 12-03-2009 at 08:23 AM..
Old 12-03-2009, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)