View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilodawg View Post
.................................................. .........
All I can surmise then is that if indeed that is a factory end cap, it was from a pre '87-'89 M505 car. By definition a euro non-US car. There is one guy in my area who has one and I will try and contact him to see if he can provide more of a clue. I know that these things developed over time before the US cars kind of "standardized" the modifications. Any info you could provide on where the picture you have came from would be appreciated. I'm sorry to have taken over this thread and will continue from now on on the Slantnose thread we already have going....

As an FYI, my '85 factory slant has the standard 930 end caps. Don't rule out that the end cap in question could be a panel-fitter fabrication. Look on the inside of the cap and see if there are any stampings that would indicate it is a factory piece.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 12-04-2009, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)