View Single Post

I have wondered if one could pull the metering assembly and just mount a MFI pump on the pancake manifold.

Getting the pump to accommodate the turbo would not be un-doable. I believe one of the pump builders can add a boost-pot to the pump that with boost richens the pump. It works on the rack like the thermostat and altitude pot's do. As most turbo's run a mild cam A 2.2 T pump might be a good base.

The race MFI pumps i believe operate as a function of percentage of throttle opening and do not have a space cam to adjust by rpm. I believe they run pig rich at everything except WOT over a narrow peak rpm range. Last one I saw offered was around $15k.

Fun stuff. Me, I love CIS and getting it to work it's best. For less effort than we are talking about to increase the base compression, to get ideal AFR's, improved ignition settings, anti lag /compressor bypass valve , and boost sensing WUR's if set up right can make for a pretty responsive and decent running 930 that dose not leave much on the table.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)