View Single Post

Garage
Badges and Stickers

I have had some guys ask me about FG badges and stickers, and the answer is YES.

One of my interests is in German fighter planes of WW2 and their insignia. During the war, the 'Gruppen' of each air wing (Jagdgeschwader, or 'JG') had it's own personal symbol or logo, usually chosen or designed by the flight commander at the time. Explained here

http://www.lesbutler.ip3.co.uk/jg26/26emblms.htm

There were literally hundreds, used as a way of expressing the individuality of each fighter group. Some examples:

Examples of placement

These images had NOTHING to do with Hitler or Nazi germany, but were the personal symbols of the men who flew their planes... basically a symbol of the 'Gruppen'

As such, Gabe and I are designing a FunfGruppen ' Jagdgeschwader' (JG-FG?) logo which will be similar in style to one of the above, except with a 935 silhouette, and other details. Sooo, as i have said before, stay tuned!!!

BTW, on another note, since we are talking about history, JG-style emblems were used by Porsche on the 908/3's in the 70/71 Targa florios as a way to distinguish between the cars in it's 'Jagdgeschwader' for timing/scoring purposes...

1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 12-04-2009, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)