View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL930 View Post
Hi Jesper, your car looks great! My brother lives in Grenaa, he has been contracting for Terma for the last 7 or 8 years out there. I go over and see him once or twice a year, play some golf and always spend Saturday night over in Aarhus, i love it over there!
One thing i've never been able to get my head around is the car tax, it's unbelievable! A $100k car for us will cost you $280k! Nice cars are a rare site in Denmark, your 930 must turn a lot of heads! Keep your eye out for a candy red Lancia Delta Integrale, give him a wave if you do
Hi Jonathan, Grenaa huh? Actually the picture is taken in Grenaa, got a few Porsche mates there. Next time you visit your brother, then pm me, and you can come to my house for a cup of tea and a ginger cookie

Yeah the damn Danish tax It's very frustrating!! You have to pay approx. USD 50k for getting a 76 930 on the street! When you buy a car from the US, and the car is over 30 years old, you use to pay 5% tax in custom. Now the changed the rules, so you have to pay 37,5% tax in custom. Many Danes use to buy their classic cars from the US, thatís over now, they simply canít afford it now. If you buy a fine early 930, say USD 40k, then shipping 2k, then harbor tax 1k, then 37,5% tax in custom of car+shipping+harbour tax = USD 16.125. Ok now you got the car and the total is now 43.000k + 16.125k = 59.125k!!!

Danish tax service:
Dear new 930 owner, du you want to drive your car on the road?

930 owner:
Yes please.

Danish tax service:
Ok, please pay 50k for vehicle registration fee.

930 owner:
WTF

Danish tax service:
Do it now, or you cant get your car on the road!

930 owner:
car 59.125 + 50.000 = USD 109.125

And thats NOT a bad joke!!!

Best regards
Jesper, who is broken, but ownes a very nice 930.

aka The Beauty and the Beast
Old 12-06-2009, 07:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)