View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to Lukesportsman
I'm surprised at your results as you surely are Kenny. One conclusion that comes to mind is that the Carrera intake is NOT the bottle neck with your setup. I'd assume from numbers I've read before that the 3.2 intake outflows the 3.0/3.3 CIS heads. Sure a bigger hose plumbing with flow more water through a small orifice than a small hose leading and trailing the same orifice. But increasing the orifice size will make a bigger change than either hose.

I bet your 'stock' head setup is the small orifice in your setup. Bigger intake and bigger exhaust with stock heads still leaves the restriction. I'm certain you've thought through all of this, but I'm still suggesting that the plastic intake may be a move in the right direction. It may just require the underlying support group to make it shine.

We've often found this in the boosted Mustang racers that a bigger intake/TB only really shines after bigger heads.

Chrysler racers are the worst I've seen of the just turn up the boost pressure. They obviously have much larger thermal reserve (H20) than us but the 2.2 Shelby guys just keep building a bigger damn infront of their 8v heads and hope eventually a little more squeezes through.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)