View Single Post

Garage
This is an interesting car. It was bought in PA by a physician and he put a quick 60k on it and then sold it to another physician in CA in 92, IIRC. The first guy had some warrnaty work on the heat/ac control and had a new clutch installed just before he sold it. Other than that , it is untouched. It has good compression across the board, and doesn't puff any smoke, uses alittle oil but so what. It sat in the second MDs CA garage for 10 years, with him putting only 18k on it in those 10 years till I bought it in 2002. The one wierd thing is somewhere a k27 7006 appeared on the car and I have no receipts for that work. And as I had mentioned in my first post, someone had thoroughly wiped out one of the barrel nuts, which was also undocumented in any of the reciepts I got with the car.

So yes, the engie is untouched from what I can tell, and the exhasut system hardware appears to have spend some time on the bottom of the North Atlantic. If I had the money, I would drop it and renew the heads and address some oil leaks, and maybe get rid of the air pump spider. But for now I just want to button it back up and enjoy this new exhasut system and non-muffled wastegate dump pipe.

For others considering this job, I imagine you won't have as difficult a time as I have had unless your car lived a similar life to mine (23 years untouched). I'm lucky I have a daily driver and this thing can sit while I chase tools or parts to do the job right. I love these 930s and feel something like a steward of it. They deserve a careful approach to upkeep. They're not making any more of them!
Old 12-06-2009, 07:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)