Thread: Dude
View Single Post
Infidel

I've never had any problems driving around Europe in my 930, the Swiss are very tight on speed and the fines are ridiculous when you're caught, 800 fine the last time i was in Verbeir, and i was only 30kph over the limit!
The French hate us all, but not had any grief from them in the last 10 years of driving enthusiastically to Le Mans, don't get caught with a speed camera detector as they will smash it up on the road side, and if you have a jammer you are going to the police station with them! Even if you get pulled over and you don't have a high viz vest, reflective triangle and spare bulbs and fuses they will fine you!
Never had a problem in Germany, Holland or Denmark, although i can't really comment on what the rules are with registering "modified" cars are, i thought most of Europe was quite relaxed with that, apart from the Swiss! I guess we have it quite easy in the UK, apart from mega high petrol prices and over crowded roads
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 12-07-2009, 06:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)