Thread: Dude
View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL930 View Post
I've never had any problems driving around Europe in my 930, the Swiss are very tight on speed and the fines are ridiculous when you're caught, 800 fine the last time i was in Verbeir, and i was only 30kph over the limit!
The French hate us all, but not had any grief from them in the last 10 years of driving enthusiastically to Le Mans, don't get caught with a speed camera detector as they will smash it up on the road side, and if you have a jammer you are going to the police station with them! Even if you get pulled over and you don't have a high viz vest, reflective triangle and spare bulbs and fuses they will fine you!
Never had a problem in Germany, Holland or Denmark, although i can't really comment on what the rules are with registering "modified" cars are, i thought most of Europe was quite relaxed with that, apart from the Swiss! I guess we have it quite easy in the UK, apart from mega high petrol prices and over crowded roads
Jon, was referring to what regulations Germans citizens (and a lot of Dutch, continental euros) are faced with. U guys dont really consider yourselves a part of the EU, do you, but i have seen where guys from the UK were not allowed to run the Ring due to mods which were not kosher. Watch out tho, the Politically correct 'anti-fun' wankers are never too far below the surface On-Line Petition to Save Spa-Francorchamps so watch your back over there.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 12-07-2009, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)