Thread: BOV orientation
View Single Post

It worked well for me. Again I would get instantaneous .2 to .3 bar off idle and .5 to .6 bar off curse, and maintain full bost between sport shifts w boost measured after the throttle plate. This was one of several mods I did to increase pre-boost response including a low restriction exhaust, dramatic lowering of control pressure upon acceleration to reduce restriction of the metering plate, and ideal AFRs near 13/1 off idle and cruse with acceleration instead of the typical CIS lean surge. I was running a K27-7200 which may show better at idle than a 7006 but a HF based on the 7200 hot side should show about the same or better.

In the pic of the BOV above the difference between the top and bottom surface area is much more equal than mine. I think my surface area was about 3 to 1 (Forge externally adjustable?).

The Synapse BOV figured it all out for everyone. Might be easier to just look them up and get the recirculation style. They come if different sizes I belive.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)