Thread: BOV orientation
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post

There is another step up from this to an anti-lag stragy where the turbo blead between shifts can be sent to the exhaust primary tubes to further energize and spin up the turbo in reserve. Some of the early non Porsche street turbos were even delivered with the plumbing in place so it could be use in racing. Could hook it up to the exhaust air injection manfold.

Another fun thought is most guys send a lot of time wanting to improve turbo lag. However, they pull there air pump to save a couple of pounds and 5 hp. However, doing so effects turbo lag.
I'm one of those guys that no longer has the air pump on the car...though not by my choice as it had been removed before I bought the car. I like the concept of directing some of the boost to the exhaust primary tubes. Since I still have the injection manifolds and injectors in place, that may be worth investigating. Win-win situation, save the weight and HP needed to run the pump by removing it, but still get the antilag benefit by injecting boost air. Interesting.

So, the question now becomes....does one direct 100% of the boost when shifting to the air injection, or just a portion and let the rest get redirected to the front of the turbo? I vote for all of it.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)