Thread: BOV orientation
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
I am not totally up on this but I would expect it would require a later style C2 style BOV and all the bleed off boost would be directed to the exhaust ports.

One issue is with the CIS, any air that is bled off the intake has been measured which is why we recycle it back into the intake before the turbo on over run.

Thus, this will create a rich condition. This may or may not be an advantage or problem as we send both fuel and air down stream to the exhaust manfold. It might spin it up like a turbine.
Might look at the ignition to insure one gets the 10 deg of retard to send a bit more heat down the exhaust between shifts at the same time to.

Some potential for someone wild enough to try it.

Sorry, got carried away again.
You may be correct, and I may just be twisted enough to try it. So what if she goes a little rich, if the result is turning your turbo into a jet turbin for a second. It would be real simple to connect the bypass end of the BOV to the air injection spider.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)