Thread: BOV orientation
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
Someone posted those anti-lag links farther back in the timing thread.

...if you've ever removed those steel air injectors on a few 930 engines you'll see that the tips of them are often melted or burned away.
Add more air through them and they'll get even hotter, so where do the melted burnt pieces of steel air injector go.. just where you don't want them - right into the spinning turbine wheel.

Yes, Kenikh posted the anti-lag referance and I gave him credit for it above.

Good point on the blocked air injectors. Have there been any reported cases of these burning off and killing a turbo to anyones knowledge?

If so the best idea would be to get them out of there. Otherwise, air is air if from a pump or BOV and the size of the orifice is going to limit it. However, I have seen a graph somewhere here of the effect on the pressure in the exhaust from the air pump and it's significant on lag.

Good point about pressure in the exhaust. All I know is from the reference article. Maybe the exhaust pressure reduces on throttle lift enough to allow the over-boost to pressurize the manifold.

I am just guessing as I do not know any of this stuff here for sure.

Crazy, crazy ideas I say. (But a fun mental puzzel.)
Old 12-08-2009, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)