View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 964 T #304 View Post
What is the benefit of the 89 verses a different year?
The earlier 930 cars generally weighs less, have more feed back ( feels more like driving a earlier 911) and the really early ones have better weight distribution. Also interiors have a more vintage feel/smell. The 5 speed has its advantages and is easier to park and drive. Along with lots more electrical and optional stuff and improvements since 1975 to the heating / cooling for driver comfort ( along with many other changes elsewhere), and with the extra weight, they feel and drive totally different. Some like the effect as it is more like other later model performance cars. I still have a 1987 along with earlier 930s and do enjoy it as more of a daily driver or to let others drive it. However given the choice of having just one it would be a real early 930. I do have a 5spd 930 however it is a 1977 930 with a comp RUF short bellhousing one. Along with other early Andial mods a 1989 5spd has not tempted me, thus far. There is a 1985 euro (last year of the old school 930) RUF with a 5spd on EBay right now ( very tempting ) that should be a good place to park some money if the 5spd is a priority. A good mix of old & new 930.

Last edited by voitureltd; 12-11-2009 at 07:22 PM..
Old 12-09-2009, 05:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)