View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to sprbxr
Time to find another mechanic.

In my experience, being "respected" in the PCA does not make one an expert or one to accept advice from. First and foremost, I am a gearhead. I like anything with an engine. I just happen to like Porsches but I could probably be just as happy with a Camaro (Trans Am replica of course). Anyway, I don;t want to sterotype PCA members or Porsche owners, of which I am one, a lot of PCA members are pricks that think they know more than they actually do. A low PCA member number alone does not mean you deserve respect.

This guy who is respected in the local PCA sounds like he doesn't want to work on your car. Actually,it sounds like he was setting you up to "give" your car away. He would probably conveniently offer you $7500 to do you a favor. Sorry for the rant but i have seen this over and over and it pisses me off. 930s are pretty simple machines. You don;t have to look very far to find at least 10 930 owners that work/build their own cars and have had great levels of success modifying them for added performance and more enjoyment to the end user: you.

As far as it being worth less modified? Well that is a possibility. Fun costs money. If you are worried about what it will be worth in the end then you shouldn't be messing with cars. 99% of all cars depreciate.

That poor widow got screwed...and that is assuming her husbands 930 was only marginally decent.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)